Friday, December 11, 2009

Making decisions...


I´ve made a decision to go for the painted floor... I actually like the color. Yesterday I painted the furniture black, found a few stuff to put in the room to get a sense of the final look. Today I transformed the color of the vase. It used to be white, now it´s dusty green with a touch of black and gold wash...
I simply has no idea about color or look for the walls yet. Just that I don´t want a floral or romantik look. Maybe a grey wash... what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. ..grey!(maybe with a little bit of brown in it to "warm it up")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey could be interesting, and 'obsidian' sometimes has a green/blackish tint to it because of the iron and magnesium. I think a greenish tint to the grey would be picked up very nicely by the floor. But in the end you are the one who knows what you want to create! I have to agree with you that floral and Obsidian Hall just doesn't 'sing' well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, that's a very personal question, but since you asked: I would go for a green.. A dull green, weak and old. As Lize said, to reffer to the green in the floor. But I guess a dark green could work aswell. It depends on the look you are after

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of thanks for your suggestions :0) I´ve been trying to paint one wall today, light grey with a dash of grey/green wash, but I´m not at all satiesfied with the result. It looks to light and boring! I´ll post photo tomorrow and probably try to change the color and tecnic...

    ReplyDelete