Thursday, September 29, 2011

Borgin and Burkes...

I will reveal my newest project or at least some of my ideas and inspirations for my next shop.  I´m planning a Borgin and Burkes shop. 





Description from the Harry Potter Lexicon: Just around the corner from Diagon Alley lies a dark, twisting alleyway devoted to the Dark Arts: Knockturn Alley. Some way down Knockturn Alley at number 13B lies Borgin & Burkes, the most notorious of the alley's shops, which specializes in "objects with unusual and powerful properties", and particularly items that are both "unusual and ancient". The shop is quite large, dusty, and dimly lit, with a large stone fireplace, and is known to be frequented by families like the Malfoys. Its proprietors, Mr. Borgin and Caractacus Burke, are smooth talkers known to buy magical objects for much less than they're worth, and sell them for far more. From the shops and the street vendors one can purchase, among other things, shrunken heads, poisonous candles, human-looking fingernails, and Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. 


Photos found on the internet for inspiration. 

10 comments:

  1. Can I have some dust from the black wings of a fallen angel, please?
    Love, Sus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry It´s not in stock... but I can provide you with a shrunken head from a fallen angel or a jar filled with human nails ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Annie, I find this choice really intriguing, and I'm confident you will understand perfectly the spirit and the noir atmosphere of the magic shop...
    Magic hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you're going to be starting on yours before me! I still have a pretty shop to do and then I'm back to the usual dark and mouldy stuff! lol

    It's a wonderful shop and choice and I guess you do have a kit to start on?

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling afraid - very afraid - already and you haven't even started!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This I have to see! And knowing how skilled you are, I could collect a jar full of my envy for you to sell in your B&B-shop...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,oh that's really great ! I agree with Janice,can't wait !!! Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not into the HP thing but those pictures you've found fit in with your style very well. I'm looking forward to the start of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark and mysterious, with lots of interesting possibilities . . .

    ReplyDelete