Saturday, December 24, 2011

December the 24th...


Todays gift for Susanne is a vintage candy can from a danish supermarket that doesn´t exist anymore. It was a treasure find I did a while ago and I knew immidiately that it was dedicated for Susanne who is a keen collector of vintage boxes and cans. I know she will love and treasure it and find the most beautiful setting in her house to place it.

Today is the day and evening of celebrating christmas in Denmark. We gather with our loved family, have fun with christmas games and share a wonderful traditional christmas meal. Later in the evening we dance around the christmas tree, sings and exchange gifts. And today in my family we welcome two new family members joining for the first time. My nieces little twin boys, I just can´t wait to see them. And there´s actually one more tiny tiny family member "joining" too....my very first grandchild, but this christmas he will be attending still in my daughters stomack.

I wish a merry christmas to all of you miniaturists out there in the world. Thanks for being around and thank you for all your wonderful comments through the year. This blogworld is such a joy to be part of and I´m looking forward to yet another year with wonderful inspiration, sharing and communication with you mini folks.  

Love Annie

13 comments:

  1. For me!!Wauw, Thanks Annie! It´s going to look great in my bathroom where I use this color as an accent.
    Merry christmas and thanks for a wonderful year!
    Love, Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That;s a very special gift for a special friend :)

    Your Christmas Eve sounds very exciting, all of our Christmas activity - family, dinner, gift exchange and so on - is on Christmas Day, there's usually nothing special here happening on Christmas Eve except for wrapping the gifts and perhaps enjoying a special supper.

    How wonderful to be welcoming your little grandchild even if he won't be actually sharing in your festivities this year ;) But next year I can imagine that he will be the star of Christmas :)

    It's be a joy to share in this gift exchange between you and Susanne, and also your blogging adventure over the past year. And of course I'm looking forward to being blog buddies again next year and sharing some of the journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Annie!

    It was very nice to follow your swap with Susanne. You are very talented women and have made such lovely gifts to each others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent gift idea. Pro!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, I hope you have a great time.

    Mind of Mine
    http://ianjosephbrook.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Annie. Your tradition of celebrating Christmas sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gorgeous blog has been such a treat! Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Merry Christmas!
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Très belles fêtes de fin d'année à vous aussi!!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just discovered your website today and your beautiful dollhouse. It is truly outstanding. I found you while searching for balcony railings for dollhouses. Yours are wonderful. Can you give me some guidance on where to find or how to make something similar? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete