Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Clematis tutorial #1

 
 
 
Okay folks.... ready for some clematis tutoring?
 
I made like a freeform base out of paper covered flower wire. Starting from the base that goes into the soil. Twist and squeze the wire, try to make a natural "messy" structure. When satisfied with the shape, I painted with brown acrylic paint. I glued some of the branches to the conservatory. I always use a thick white woodglue. It´s cheap and easy to work with and it dries up clear.
 

And now to the two piece puncher introduction. Also called the Nellie Snellen Puncher. I bought mine at a danish scrapcrafter webstore. They are a bit expensive, but worth the money. This shape is also great for making poinsettia flowers. Beware that you order the mini size.


I cut the flowers from pale pink photocopy paper. When shaped I painted the middel carefully with a diluted aquapaint. You might also want to paint before shaping... your choise :-) At this photo you can see the shaper punch open.


And now for the stamen. I used a dusty yellow type of flower soft. I had thís for years and it´s the type to be used for train model landscaping.  You can enlarge the photos by clicking on them.
 
Tutorial will be continued....
I may ask for your patience for a few days, since I have 3 official shows for this week in our local theater group. Wish me and the actors good luck :-)

16 comments:

  1. Hi! It looks great! happy to find somebody also using "thick white woodglue"!!! i use that too and it works great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Even though we glue miniatures, we still use a lot of glue, and woodglue is the cheapest... and best :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Your welcome :-) I´d like to see the result if you have a go at making clematis...

      Delete
  3. Hi Annie, your klematis looks beautiful. Thank you for tutorial. I made klematis also and it is now in my blog. Hugs Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really great!!!
    Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so lovely! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the work that goes into shaping, painting and finishing a lot of individual flowers, but it really pays off in the end. They look fabulous on the conservatory! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great tool to have, your clematis is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for posting this- they really turn out so lovely! Good luck to you and the actors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tutorial!
    I'm really looking forward to see the next part!

    By the way... I've never seen or heard something about a shaper-puncher! A great invention :-)

    Hugs, Lina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Preciosa!!!!
    Gracias por compartir el tutorial!!!
    Besitooos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very clear tutorial, Annie! Thank you so much! The best of luck for you and the other actors tonight. I had no idea you were an actress! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Annie! I just finished reading the second part of the Tutorial, first. The clematis is wonderful! The flower SHAPER, is a FABULOUS solution to having to individually shape each blossom by hand! What a great invention. This would definitely be a time saver and it appears that it works like a charm. The clematis is BEAUTIFUL!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracias por compartir este trabajo y mostrarnos con tanta claridad como se realiza
    Precioso!

    ReplyDelete